chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <florian.muel...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: Proposal for opencmis documentation
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2011 14:04:17 GMT
Hi Jens,

That looks great!

There are a few typos and the Release Notes and Changelog links in
http://chemistry.staging.apache.org/java/overview.html are broken. But
those things are easy to fix.

What do you think about dividing the "Developing with OpenCMIS",
"Example Code" an "OpenCMIS How Tos" pages each into a client and a
server section?

I will prepare some more content that I can add when the new structure
is live on Monday.

Cheers,

Florian

On 18/03/2011 13:41, Jens Hübel wrote:
> I have started restructuring the OpenCMIS web site as discussed before.
>
> You can take a preview here:
>
> http://chemistry.staging.apache.org
>
> There are likely a few more bugs and broken links, but the major part should be done.
If there are no objections I will publish it on Monday.

> I found a few pages about general procedures and guidelines that don't seem to be specific
to opencmis. I moved those to a new directory internal and added a section to the navigation
pane.

> Someone should take a look at this. I am not sure in what state this is, these seemed
to be orphaned pages before.

> Overall the new CMS works quite well. I struggled with one bug if you have the character
sequence "..." in Java code (even in a comment) page generation fails without any error indication
and produces an empty page.

> Also link management is not very sophisticated. For larger web sites this well be a nightmare
to maintain if you do not even have a link checker. Here I feel a bit we are back in late
90s....