chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <florian.muel...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: Using OpenCMIS to get atom content URL?
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2011 10:04:38 GMT
Yes, please create a JIRA issue.

But I'm reluctant to promote this "feature". Using this link can be cumbersome.

First of all, the link doesn't say anything about the user and the authentication.
In the best case, it is just annoying for the end-user to log in again. If some non-browser-compatible
authentication is used, it just don't work. And if there is SSO in place, the result becomes
difficult to predict.

The second reason not to use it is, that the link might not be valid for end-users.
A simple setup: A repository behind a firewall, a web application in a DMZ accessing the repository
using OpenCMIS, and an end-user in front of the firewall using a web browser. In the DMZ the
repository links work. But the same links fail to work in an end-user web browser because
of the firewall.

- Florian