chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Gabriele Columbro <colum...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Going for OpenCMIS release 0.3.0 today
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2011 16:24:06 GMT
Hey Jens,
was going to implement this change for the release, but I still need to grasp the overall
meaning of it.

ATM the -opencmis-dist-0.3.0-server.zip contains:

$ unzip chemistry-opencmis-dist-0.3.0-SNAPSHOT-server.zip
Archive:  chemistry-opencmis-dist-0.3.0-SNAPSHOT-server.zip
  inflating: LICENSE
  inflating: DEPENDENCIES
  inflating: NOTICE
  inflating: chemistry-opencmis-server-bindings-0.3.0-SNAPSHOT.war
  inflating: chemistry-opencmis-server-support-0.3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

IIUC you would like the build create ZIP a -opencmis-dist-0.3.0-server.zip as such:

- LICENSE
- DEPENDENCIES
- NOTICE
- chemistry-opencmis-server-bindings-0.3.0-SNAPSHOT.war  (with WEB-INF/lib of this WAR containing
also chemistry-opencmis-server-support-0.3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar)

Is this correct? Or (like it seems in the last email) you want a WEB-INF/lib in side the ZIP
itself?

In general, I don't really see the point of creating a ZIP which only contains a WAR + LICENSE/DEPENDENCIES
files inside (BTW also contained in the WARs META-INF).
Can't we just add server-support.jar as a dependency for server-bindings.war (so it will be
included in WEB-INF/lib) and maybe make the WAR available on /dist, so you can simply download
and run it? (in this case -server.zip will simply be dropped)

Would this match your requirement?

Thanks,
Gab

On Mar 21, 2011, at 4:23 PM, Jens Hübel wrote:

> What I meant was:
> - keep the -opencmis-dist-0.3.0-server.zip
> - but within that package move the file chemistry-opencmis-server-support-0.3.0.jar
>   from top-level to directory WEB-IN/lib within that zip
>
> A very minor change just to make the zip following a web application structure (could
rename this
> to .war as well, but .zip and .tar.gz are more standard for downloads). The idea is that
you get a
> running web application after unzipping.
>
> Jens

and chemistry-opencmis-server-support-0.2.0-incubating.jar.

>> The .jar file is not much different to the other jars that we release in the war
file in WEB-INF/lib. It would make more sense and be more consistent if we just ship this
together with the others in WEB-INF/lib of the .war file. This would be less confusing for
people who want to build a server. We could in future improve documentation and indicate which
jars are needed and which are optional. But 99% probably don't care about the few bytes needed
on disk.

>> I discussed this already briefly with Florian and he agreed to my suggestion. Could
you perform this small change for the upcoming 0.3 release?