chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Jens Hübel <jhue...@opentext.com>
Subject RE: Proposal for opencmis documentation
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2011 17:07:37 GMT
Thanks David,

I agree that most of our audience is interested in client topics. However I would not completely
separate it into two separate packages as we have common topics as well (like the module overview
for example) and duplication would be bad.

I started already in better structuring the topics.

I just noticed that the breadcrumbs work but don't work nicely. Need to figure out how to
fix this.

Jens

-----Original Message-----
From: David Caruana [mailto:david.caruana@alfresco.com]
Sent: Freitag, 18. März 2011 16:50
To: dev@chemistry.apache.org
Cc: Florian Müller
Subject: Re: Proposal for opencmis documentation

Looking good.

I do think we should have a stronger split between OpenCMIS Client and Server. Most developers
coming to OpenCMIS will only be interested in the client, and have no interest in the server.
So, we should aim to provide specific  documentation sets for each of the following audiences:
client developers, and server developers.

Regards,
Dave

On 18 Mar 2011, at 14:38, Jens Hübel wrote:

> I will take a look at the broken links.
>
> I already had similar thoughts about dividing between client and server parts at least
when we have more content. Examples are currently only client ones, but for the other ones
this makes sense.

> We also have some links to the Javadoc being still in incubator. We should keep in mind
that those will break once we transfer the Javadoc.

> Jens.

If there are no objections I will publish it on Monday.

>> I found a few pages about general procedures and guidelines that don't seem to be
specific to opencmis. I moved those to a new directory internal and added a section to the
navigation pane.

>> Someone should take a look at this. I am not sure in what state this is, these seemed
to be orphaned pages before.

>> Overall the new CMS works quite well. I struggled with one bug if you have the character
sequence "..." in Java code (even in a comment) page generation fails without any error indication
and produces an empty page.

>> Also link management is not very sophisticated. For larger web sites this well be
a nightmare to maintain if you do not even have a link checker. Here I feel a bit we are back
in late 90s....