chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Jens Hübel <jhue...@opentext.com>
Subject RE: Proposal for opencmis documentation
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2011 14:38:03 GMT
I will take a look at the broken links.

I already had similar thoughts about dividing between client and server parts at least when
we have more content. Examples are currently only client ones, but for the other ones this
makes sense.

We also have some links to the Javadoc being still in incubator. We should keep in mind that
those will break once we transfer the Javadoc.

Jens.

-----Original Message-----
From: Florian Müller [mailto:florian.mueller@alfresco.com]
Sent: Freitag, 18. März 2011 15:04
To: dev@chemistry.apache.org; Jens Hübel
Subject: Re: Proposal for opencmis documentation

Hi Jens,

That looks great!

There are a few typos and the Release Notes and Changelog links in
http://chemistry.staging.apache.org/java/overview.html are broken. But
those things are easy to fix.

What do you think about dividing the "Developing with OpenCMIS",
"Example Code" an "OpenCMIS How Tos" pages each into a client and a
server section?

I will prepare some more content that I can add when the new structure
is live on Monday.

Cheers,

Florian

On 18/03/2011 13:41, Jens Hübel wrote:
> I have started restructuring the OpenCMIS web site as discussed before.
>
> You can take a preview here:
>
> http://chemistry.staging.apache.org
>
> There are likely a few more bugs and broken links, but the major part should be done.
If there are no objections I will publish it on Monday.

> I found a few pages about general procedures and guidelines that don't seem to be specific
to opencmis. I moved those to a new directory internal and added a section to the navigation
pane.

> Someone should take a look at this. I am not sure in what state this is, these seemed
to be orphaned pages before.

> Overall the new CMS works quite well. I struggled with one bug if you have the character
sequence "..." in Java code (even in a comment) page generation fails without any error indication
and produces an empty page.

> Also link management is not very sophisticated. For larger web sites this well be a nightmare
to maintain if you do not even have a link checker. Here I feel a bit we are back in late
90s....