chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Jens Hübel <jhue...@opentext.com>
Subject RE: Proposal for opencmis documentation
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2011 13:41:18 GMT
I have started restructuring the OpenCMIS web site as discussed before.

You can take a preview here:

http://chemistry.staging.apache.org

There are likely a few more bugs and broken links, but the major part should be done. If there
are no objections I will publish it on Monday.

I found a few pages about general procedures and guidelines that don't seem to be specific
to opencmis. I moved those to a new directory internal and added a section to the navigation
pane.

Someone should take a look at this. I am not sure in what state this is, these seemed to be
orphaned pages before.

Overall the new CMS works quite well. I struggled with one bug if you have the character sequence
"..." in Java code (even in a comment) page generation fails without any error indication
and produces an empty page.

Also link management is not very sophisticated. For larger web sites this well be a nightmare
to maintain if you do not even have a link checker. Here I feel a bit we are back in late
90s....

Next step will be to produce more content and to update outdated sections.

Jens