chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Jens Hübel <jhue...@opentext.com>
Subject RE: Enhancement Thought
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2011 07:42:49 GMT
Hi Ryan,

related to this is a topic I have for weeks on my list: Documenting the URL syntax on our
web site. This does not help you directly, but I consider this as well as essential information
for debugging purposes.

What also often helps is an http sniffer like Fiddler logging the wire traffic.

Logging the URLs in our logs seems to be useful. It would also improve supportability of Chemistry
based applications and servers.

Jens

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan McVeigh [mailto:rmcveigh@ziaconsulting.com]
Sent: Mittwoch, 9. März 2011 06:07
To: dev@chemistry.apache.org
Subject: Enhancement Thought

Hi Folks,

I'm using Chemistry in a current project and have many times in the past few
weeks wished I could see the URL's generated by the Chemistry client
implementation.  I end up setting a breakpoint to debug to and inspecting
the URL.  What do you think about adding some debug logging for this?
 Something like AbstractAtomPubService.getObjectInternal (and I'm sure
elsewhere) to log the URL.

-Ryan

--
Ryan McVeigh