chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Stephan Klevenz <step...@klaeff.eu>
Subject Re: Proposal for opencmis documentation
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2011 16:52:34 GMT
Hi Jens,

This is looking good! Another topic that could be worth to mention is the OSGi support.

Regards,
Stephan

Von meinem KLÄFF-Pad gesendet

Am 15.03.2011 um 23:44 schrieb Jens Hübel <jhuebel@opentext.com>:

> I would like to come up with a suggestion and ask for feedback for the following proposal
as a new structure for the opencmis sub-project of Chemistry. I have tried to address the
issues mentioned previously on this list, but of course I may have missed something.

> Proposed structure is:
>
> CMIS For Java (OpenCMIS)
> - Overview
> - Downloads
> - Javadoc
> - Modules
> - Developing with opencmis
>    - using opencmis with maven
>    - using opencmis without maven (new, TODO)
>    - OpenCMIS Client
>        - Client API
>        - Client Bindings
>    - Server Framework
>       - Server Bindings
>       - Handling Authentication
>    - OpenCMIS repositories
>    - Tests and tools
>      - workbench
>    - Eclipse integration (new, TODO)
>    - Debugging an opencmis server (new, TODO)
>    - URL syntax for AtomPub (new, TODO)
>    - Differences between the web service and AtomPub binding (new, TODO)
>    - Understanding the client side cache
>    - Logging (new, TODO)
>
> - HowTos
>    - How to build OpenCMIS
>    - How to create a server (Server)
>    - How to integrate query (Server, TODO)
>    - How to add extensions (Server)
>    - How to integrate with Spring (Server)
>    - How to tune performance (client)
>
> - Examples
>    - Connect to a CMIS repository
>    - create a session
>    - Reading the Root Collection
>    - Reading Properties
>    - Reading metadata and content from a CMIS repository (TODO)
>    - Creating and updating CMIS objects (TODO)
>    - Reading a file
>    - Using the query parser (TODO)
>    - Processing query results
>    - Get the id of an object from its path
>    - Getting CMIS extensions
>    - Connecting from a .Net client via the Web Services binding
>
> - FAQ (TODO, future)
>
> Restructuring the Overview page:
>    - remove Downloads (separate page)
>    - add releases and changelog
>    - add projects using opencmis
>    - remove Components (move to Modules)
>    - remove Using maven (move to Developing with opencmis)
>    - remove test and tools (move to Developing with opencmis)
>

> The navigation pane contains the first two levels.
> Each of these (sub)sections is a separate web page (improves navigation by using the
breadcrumb).

> If there is substructure within a topic then the topic page linked from the navigation
pane only
> contains a table-of-contents with the subtopics.
>
> Create a JIRA for all missing pages with TODOs for better tracking, to be closed when
documentation is done

> Optional: reduce ugliness by better CSS styles, improved colors and better fonts (if
someone feels talented...)

> There is a lot more we could do. Currently for example it is hard to compare the various
sub projects we have. What I would like to have is a consistent "advanced Hello World" example
implemented in the same way across all sub projects. A minimal, but functional server and
then clients all doing the same thing using Java client bindings, Java client API, Python,
PHP, .Net, groovy in workbench and in future Javascript...