chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: cmislib 0.4 still waiting on two IPMC votes
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 21:46:25 GMT
On Tue, 1 Feb 2011, Stefane Fermigier wrote:
> On Feb 1, 2011, at 10:39 PM, Nick Burch wrote:
>> On Tue, 1 Feb 2011, Jeff Potts wrote:
>>> Sorry, Stefane, you are correct, I should have counted your vote. I
>>> guess with the -1 from Stefan Seelmann it is moot. I also agree with
>>> you that looking through the archives is not a great way to count
>>> votes.
>>
>> If you were subscribed to general@incubator then you'd see them come
>> in. It might be worth you joining the list while the vote's ongoing
>
> I have no interest in joining yet another mailing list.

Probably only Jeff needs to, as the person calling the vote

> I think these votes should be done using a web app, so that each person
> should be able to see at any time where we stand in terms of +1's, -1's,
> who has voted, etc.

I think we've tended to stick with mailing lists, so that votes can come
with comments and trigger discussions. Normally votes only take place on
the one list, and everyone voting is on that list, so it's not a big
hardship + everyone can see and discuss. Incubator voting where you don't
have enough IPMC members on your dev list are the special case...

Nick