chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <unc...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Chemistry and JCR
Date Sun, 20 Feb 2011 14:56:36 GMT
Hi Mathieu,

thanks a lot for your inquiry.

jens' comment about the opencmis contribution bringing a quite a large
change to the chemistry project is definitely very true and it is also
true that we never found ourselves in position where cmis played
enough of a role to adapt the code, which explains why the code was
left the way it was...

....an the flipside, i agree that it would be a very valuable addition
and we are indeed currently working on exposing cmis on top of jcr (
again ;) ) using the new chemistry codebase, but i am not sure what we
had plans to develop that as part of chemistry, but i think it would
definitely be very useful.
i will check internally and get back...

regards,
david

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 1:34 PM, Jens Hübel <jhuebel@opentext.com> wrote:
> Hi Mathieu,
>
> unfortunately there is published a lot of garbage around Chemistry in the public.
> The JCR-To-CMIS adapter was an early prototype in the Chemistry project. About a year
ago we had larger code contribution to the project which implied a lot of interface changes
in the code base. Since then nobody has volunteered to adapt the JCR adaptor to the actual
and released code line.

> It would be nice if someone would take care of this sub-project and maintain this. But
currently there is nothing readily available that you could use.

> Is there anyone of the original authors who would like to comment on this and give some
hints about the future plans? Definitely it would be a nice piece in the puzzle.

--
David Nuescheler | CTO CEM  | Adobe Systems

twitter: @davidnuescheler