chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cmislib 0.4 still waiting on two IPMC votes
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 21:55:54 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 10:10 PM, Jeff Potts <jeffpotts01@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just an FYI in case you are wondering. The vote to approve the cmislib 0.4
> incubating release was sent to the IPMC a week ago and has still only
> received one binding vote (Nick's). I sent a second reminder to the general
> incubator group today so hopefully that will cause something to happen.

Sorry about my lack of action here, I somehow assumed I had voted already.

> Gab said he had a vote that took a week to get approved so I guess this is
> normal, but it seems painfully slow to me.

Yep, it's annoying. The basic idea is that each podling should have at
least three active mentors, whose votes should cover the formal
requirement of three +1s from the IPMC. That's why non-mentors often
don't pay too much attention to release votes on general@. :-(

Anyway, as soon as we've got this vote passed I think it's time for
Chemistry to graduate. After that there'll be no need to involve the
IPMC in release votes.

BR,

Jukka Zitting