chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Gabriele Columbro <gabri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: TLP releases
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2011 13:38:44 GMT
Hi,
thanks for getting this started.

>From a purely release/packaging standpoint it should be easy to upgrade to a
TLP release (removing version suffix and incubator notices in artifacts +
change some quite trivial POM information).

I suggest we open a more detailed issue in JIRA for that. I can take care of
that and even shoot for a release in the next weeks.

My only general concern still open on our releases is the documentation
lifecycle, as I'm unsure of the happy coexistence (and coherence in a
release package) of generated Maven Docs, the new Apache CMS pages (or old
wiki pages) and the chemistry-docs.zip package we release (which wgets the
current snapshot of online docs and adds freshly generated javadocs).  But
maybe it's something that can wait for a 1.0. WDYT?

I agree with Stephan that a roadmap is a good idea.

Thanks,
Gab

--
Eng. Gabriele Columbro