chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Gabriele Columbro <gabri...@apache.org>
Subject Product/vendor specific contributions to Chemistry
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2011 14:07:48 GMT
Hi guys,
this contribution to Alfresco [1] which also comprise a potential
contribution to OpenCMIS is triggering to ask me a more general question on
the list.

What is our (and ASF) position with respect to product specific
contributions? Meaning, do you see any "netiquette" or other issues in
committing this the OpenCMIS codebase?

I think that, especially considering the interop and willingly flexible
nature of the CMIS standard, having product specific extensions might be a
plus for the usability and wider applicability of OpenCMIS.

So I'd be +1 to follow the standard contribution procedure for this (
http://www.apache.org/dev/contributors.html#patches), but WDYT?

Ciao,
Gab

[1] https://issues.alfresco.com/jira/browse/ALF-7088