chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Stefane Fermigier ...@nuxeo.com>
Subject Re: cmislib 0.4 still waiting on two IPMC votes
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 21:46:28 GMT

On Feb 1, 2011, at 10:38 PM, Jeff Potts wrote:

> I used this list:
> http://people.apache.org/committers-by-project.html#incubator-pmc
>
> And saw that you were not on it, which is why I did not count you for the IPMC vote.

1. Am I supposed to be on it or not ? In other words, who's supposed to be on this list, if
not the commiters ?

2. Why am I asked to vote for something if my vote doesn't count ?

Isn't this another reason for using a web tool to conduct the votes, instead of a manual an
error prone (and confusing)  process?

  S.

> Jeff
>
> On Feb 1, 2011, at 3:28 PM, Stefane Fermigier wrote:
>
>> BTW, I have no idea WTF is a IPMC, and who is and who is not.
>>
>> S.
>>
>> On Feb 1, 2011, at 10:10 PM, Jeff Potts wrote:
>>
>>> Just an FYI in case you are wondering. The vote to approve the cmislib 0.4 incubating
release was sent to the IPMC a week ago and has still only received one binding vote (Nick's).
I sent a second reminder to the general incubator group today so hopefully that will cause
something to happen.

>>> Gab said he had a vote that took a week to get approved so I guess this is normal,
but it seems painfully slow to me.