chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Stefane Fermigier ...@nuxeo.com>
Subject Re: cmislib 0.4 still waiting on two IPMC votes
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 21:59:14 GMT
OK, thanks, it's clearer.

But I still think it would be even clearer (and more transparent) with a web app.

  S.

On Feb 1, 2011, at 10:52 PM, Nick Burch wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Feb 2011, Stefane Fermigier wrote:
>> On Feb 1, 2011, at 10:38 PM, Jeff Potts wrote:
>>> I used this list:
>>> http://people.apache.org/committers-by-project.html#incubator-pmc
>>>
>>> And saw that you were not on it, which is why I did not count you for the IPMC
vote.

>> 1. Am I supposed to be on it or not ? In other words, who's supposed to be on this
list, if not the commiters ?

> You're on the Chemistry PPMC, but not on the Incubator IPMC.
>
>> 2. Why am I asked to vote for something if my vote doesn't count ?
>
> Your vote does count, just not yet for everything. For the release vote to pass, it needs
to get approval from both the Chemistry PPMC, and also from the IPMC.

> The IPMC is there to provide oversight until graduation. After graduation, the Chemistry
PMC will be the only votes required. (The Chemistry PMC will be initially made up of everyone
on your PPMC, but after that you can vote more people onto it as and when new people get involved
in the project)

> Remember that everything the IPMC flags up now, the graduated Chemistry PMC will be responsible
for checking and flagging up on future graduate releases!

> Nick

http://www.nuxeo.com/ - +33 1 40 33 79 87 - http://twitter.com/sfermigier
Join the Nuxeo Group on LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/groups?gid=43314
New Nuxeo release: http://nuxeo.com/dm54
"There's no such thing as can't. You always have a choice."