chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <florian.muel...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: Creating an unfiled document
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2011 18:33:42 GMT
That would be a way to do it, but it is not in the current spec. We should suggest that for
CMIS 1.1.
Are you proposing that we add it to all the  Chemistry implementations?

Florian

On 22.02.2011, at 18:08, Florent Guillaume <fg@nuxeo.com> wrote:

> What if the POST is done with an entry that has no id?
> That could be very well seen as a legitimate extension to create
> unfiled objects, don't you think?
>
> Florent
>
> On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 6:41 PM, Florian Müller
> <florian.mueller@alfresco.com> wrote:
>> It's actually not defined in the spec... Another topic for section "3.1.9 Services
not Exposed".
>> The only workaround is to create it in a folder and unfile it later.
>>
>> - Florian
>>

>> On 22/02/2011 17:27, Jeff Potts wrote:
>>> The spec says that folderId is an optional argument for repositories that support
unfiling. However, it isn't clear what URL to post the Atom entry to if the goal is to create
a new, unfiled document. Intuitively, I would have thought a post to the unfiled collection
would do it, but that is used for removeObject. The openCMIS source appears to require folder
ID. Anyone know the answer?