chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Jens Hübel <jhue...@opentext.com>
Subject RE: TLP releases
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2011 12:28:47 GMT
Hi Florian,

sounds good to me. I will take the extension of the query parser after our first TLP release
(will open a JIRA for this). As we have now done the migration to the new documentation framework
I also can contribute a few things there.

I think that nothing prevents us from integrating the 1.1 extensions soon. We could turn off
the JSON binding by default and I don't think that the type mutability would cause any harm
for anyone. Likely this requires more discussion however.

In summary let us go forward with new release quickly and then fix some stuff for a 1.0 release.

Jens

-----Original Message-----
From: Florian Müller [mailto:florian.mueller@alfresco.com]
Sent: Donnerstag, 24. Februar 2011 12:39
To: dev@chemistry.apache.org
Subject: Re: TLP releases

Looks like we want and can do new releases...

Re OpenCMIS release:
I think we should do a release similar to 0.2 and deal with the documentation later in 0.4.
(See below.)
@Gab: Would you drive that?

Re cmislib release:
A version 0.4.1 sounds good to me!

Re documentation (of OpenCMIS):
The documentation is our weak point. I think we should go for a more structured approach.
How about coming up with a new documentation outline? That would help us identifying the gaps
and we can divide the work amongst us. Opinions?

With the move to the Apache CMS, the website and therefore all our documentation pages are
now in SVN.
We don't actually need to grab it from the website anymore. We can check it out, apply a template
(which need not to be the website template) and generate the documentation as part of the
release.

Re tests:
Yes, we have a lot of tests but they are spread. I agree we should consolidate them.
Similar to the documentation, I think we need a plan and objectives. Does somebody feel strongly
enough about this to work on a proposal?

Re fulltext query parser:
I agree.
@Jens: Do we have a JIRA issue for that? Would you take that? You know the parser better than
most of us...

Re DotCMIS:
All operations are implemented and basic tests are working against Alfresco and IBM FileNet.
But the test coverage isn't great yet.
We could either cut a release now and fix potential bugs later ("release early, release often")
or do more testing and delay the first release.
Opinions?

Re roadmap:
I think we should have one. :)
In particular, we have to think about CMIS 1.1. For example, we could integrate the Browser
Binding code now without endangering CMIS 1.0 compatibility.
Any takers? Would JIRA be a good tool to maintain a roadmap?

Cheers,

Florian