chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Jens Hübel <jhue...@opentext.com>
Subject RE: Chemistry and JCR
Date Sat, 19 Feb 2011 12:34:35 GMT
Hi Mathieu,

unfortunately there is published a lot of garbage around Chemistry in the public.
The JCR-To-CMIS adapter was an early prototype in the Chemistry project. About a year ago
we had larger code contribution to the project which implied a lot of interface changes in
the code base. Since then nobody has volunteered to adapt the JCR adaptor to the actual and
released code line.

It would be nice if someone would take care of this sub-project and maintain this. But currently
there is nothing readily available that you could use.

Is there anyone of the original authors who would like to comment on this and give some hints
about the future plans? Definitely it would be a nice piece in the puzzle.

Jens

-----Original Message-----
From: Mathieu Baudier [mailto:mbaudier@argeo.org]
Sent: Samstag, 19. Februar 2011 11:03
To: chemistry-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Chemistry and JCR

Hello,

I'm trying to understand how I can expose a JCR repository (typically
Jackrabbit) via CMIS, using Chemistry.
My main goal is to be able to have PHP and JavaScript clients
accessing the JCR repository.

I search and found references to a chemistry-jcr project, and found
some slides saying that Chemistry would "automatically" make a JCR
repository CMIS compliant
(http://www.slideshare.net/uncled/jcr-loves-cmis), but I don't find
anything in the SVN repository:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/chemistry/
and a Google site: search on the mailing-list doesn't bring anything
relevant either.

Am I missing something?
Can please somebody point me to a way to perform this integration?

Thanks in advance!

Mathieu