chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <florian.muel...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Chemistry cmislib 0.4
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2011 21:01:28 GMT
Hi Jeff,

Moving the KEYS file is fine with me.

- Florian

----- Ursprüngliche Mail -----
Von: "Jeff Potts" <jeffpotts01@gmail.com>
An: chemistry-dev@incubator.apache.org
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 20. Januar 2011 20:39:08 GMT +00:00 GMT Britannien, Irland, Portugal
Betreff: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Chemistry cmislib 0.4

Okay, these are good suggestions. This will also give me a chance to slip in the fix for CMIS-292,
which is Stefane's 2.7 problem.

opencmis guys, do you mind if I move the KEYS file to the root of the chemistry svn as Nick
suggests?

Jeff

at: http://people.apache.org/~jpotts/chemistry/cmislib/0.4/dist

> I've a concerns about the .egg file:
> * It contains the tests, should it?
> * It doesn't have the LICENSE or NOTICE file in it. It just has a single
>  License line in EGG-INFO/PKG-INFO, and I'm not sure that's enough.
>  See [1] [2] [3] which all seem to indicate it's needed
>
> Also, the md5 and sha files don't seem to be in the normal form. I'd expect to see md5sum
/ sha1sum style output like:
> 	65d0d6df6162c266ea4eaaf5b88dd00e  cmislib-0.4.tar.gz
> but the files only have the hash, not the file name. It's only a minor niggle, but it
does make it easier to verify, so I'd suggest the build is tweaked to do that going forward.

> For the gpg signings, can you add your public key to
>   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/chemistry/opencmis/trunk/KEYS
> so it can be easily checked? Also, that file should maybe be moved to the root of the
chemistry svn, as it isn't opencmis specific. Once you've updated the copy in svn, you also
need to copy it to the one in dist: