chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <florian.muel...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: Update Object Type
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2011 14:23:49 GMT
Hi Mano,

It is not planed for CMIS 1.1. So the CMIS specification will not support this within the
next 3-4 years. Not many repositories support this behavior.
There are also no plans to support this in Alfresco through CMIS anytime soon.

So, yes, you have to create a new object.

Regards,

Florian

On 24/01/2011 14:16, Mano Swerts wrote:
> Hi Florian,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply.
>
> I understand that it is not logical to update the type, but in my case the object is
of a parent type park:Document and I want to change it to the child type park:employeeDocument.
So this is theoretically possible because the child only defines some extra fields.

> Will this be possible in the future for parent-child types or is my only solution to
create a new object of the child type and copy all property values?