chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <florian.muel...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: [OpenCMIS] Incompatibility with CXF
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2011 10:48:28 GMT
Hi Romain,

It is possible to force the use of com.sun.xml.ws.spi.ProviderImpl by setting this system
property:
javax.xml.ws.spi.Provider = com.sun.xml.ws.spi.ProviderImpl

But that would probably interfere with your CXF Web Services. It's not possible to use both
with the same class loader.

I'll try to add some class loader magic to OpenCMIS, but I can't promise that this will work
eventually.

- Florian

On 14/01/2011 16:27, R.WILBERT@akka.eu wrote:
> Hi !
>
> Same problem as Erwan (apache CXF cohabitation...) =>  (http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-chemistry-dev/201101.mbox/browser)
>
> Since my project exposes CXF WebServices, I have an error while initializing OpenCMIS
WebService client :

> org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.commons.exceptions.CmisConnectionException: Cannot initalize
Web Services port object: $Proxy340 cannot be cast to com.sun.xml.ws.developer.WSBindingProvider
> 	at org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.bindings.spi.webservices.PortProvider.createPortObject(PortProvider.java:325)
>
> This happens because the first found provider on classloader is org.apache.cxf.jaxws22.spi.ProviderImpl
(cxf-rt-frontend-jaxws.jar precedes jaxws-rt in classloader). My Proxy is a org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsClientProxy,
which causes the ClassCastException.

> Any workaround for this ? Why don't you force the use of com.sun.xml.ws.spi.ProviderImpl
from jaxws-rt as it is anyway a Maven dependency of opencmis-client ?