chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Stephan Klevenz <step...@klaeff.de>
Subject Re: sphinx @ hudson
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2010 20:46:44 GMT
Jeff,

Again, me ;)

Sphinx is now installed on all Ubuntu systems. Source of Sphinx was this: http://sphinx.pocoo.org

The job still shows an error:

https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/job/Chemistry-Phyton-cmislib-doc/7/console

Is this something you can fix? If not what is expected from environment?

BTW If the script returns <> 0 in case of error then Hudson will mark the job as failed
and send a notification to the mailing list. Maybe this is useful.

Regards,
Stephan

described here http://sphinx.pocoo.org/, Right?

> Regards,
> Stephan

from. From the output of the latest build (https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/job/Chemistry-Phyton-cmislib-doc/6/console)
it looks like Sphinx has either not yet been installed or is not in the path.

> My make file is set to look for an executable called "sphinx-build2.6", which according
to the log, isn't found.

> Jeff
>
> On Dec 7, 2010, at 4:25 AM, Klevenz, Stephan wrote:
>
>> Hi Jeff,
>>
>> There is now a Hudson job (Chemistry-Phyton-cmislib-doc) executing the Phyton script
that you have provided:

>> https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/view/A-F/view/Chemistry/
>>
>> The execution runs once a day (3am server time) and every time when you commit a
change to svn. The SVN poll time is 1 hour and execution depends also on the traffic of the
build queue.

>> Now it is up to you to let the sphinx script do the necessary tasks.
>>
>> To track execution please use the console view of Hudson:
>>
>> e.g. https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/view/A-F/view/Chemistry/job/Chemistry-Phyton-cmislib-doc/1/console
>>
>> In case of missing dependencies we have to identify them and contact Admins for support.

>> Regards,
>> Stephan

not, let me know and we'll try something else.

>> Jeff
>>
>> On Nov 30, 2010, at 2:09 AM, Klevenz, Stephan wrote:
>>
>>> Well, the script will be in SVN and you can modify it anytime. Hudson can sync
the script from SVN and triggers only its execution. This is a recommended practice for the
Hudson.

>>> Have a look here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-3202
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Stephan

that a shell script would but what does that buy us?

>>> Jeff

As a native build job Hudson has access to it an can execute the script.

would like to build documentation with Hudson and require a tool called Sphinx. How that works
with Hudson is described here:

not then is there an option to get this within a local environment?

----
Stephan Klevenz

Fabrikstr. 45
69126 Heidelberg