chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Potts <jeffpott...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: sphinx @ hudson
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2010 14:35:34 GMT
Stephan,

I adjusted the run-sphinx.py script so that it would run regardless of where it was called
from. From the output of the latest build (https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/job/Chemistry-Phyton-cmislib-doc/6/console)
it looks like Sphinx has either not yet been installed or is not in the path.

My make file is set to look for an executable called "sphinx-build2.6", which according to
the log, isn't found.

Jeff

On Dec 7, 2010, at 4:25 AM, Klevenz, Stephan wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> There is now a Hudson job (Chemistry-Phyton-cmislib-doc) executing the Phyton script
that you have provided:

> https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/view/A-F/view/Chemistry/
>
> The execution runs once a day (3am server time) and every time when you commit a change
to svn. The SVN poll time is 1 hour and execution depends also on the traffic of the build
queue.

> Now it is up to you to let the sphinx script do the necessary tasks.
>
> To track execution please use the console view of Hudson:
>
> e.g. https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/view/A-F/view/Chemistry/job/Chemistry-Phyton-cmislib-doc/1/console
>
> In case of missing dependencies we have to identify them and contact Admins for support.

> Regards,
> Stephan

let me know and we'll try something else.

> Jeff
>
> On Nov 30, 2010, at 2:09 AM, Klevenz, Stephan wrote:
>
>> Well, the script will be in SVN and you can modify it anytime. Hudson can sync the
script from SVN and triggers only its execution. This is a recommended practice for the Hudson.

>> Have a look here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-3202
>>
>> Regards,
>> Stephan

that a shell script would but what does that buy us?

>> Jeff
>>
>> On Nov 29, 2010, at 10:53 AM, Klevenz, Stephan wrote:
>>
>>> Jeff,
>>>
>>> Sorry for late response, but I was busy with other activities last couples of
days.

>>> One option to get such a build job is to check in a phyton script to SVN. As
a native build job Hudson has access to it an can execute the script.

>>> Can you provide such a script?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Stephan

would like to build documentation with Hudson and require a tool called Sphinx. How that works
with Hudson is described here:

then is there an option to get this within a local environment?