chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From "Klevenz, Stephan" <stephan.klev...@sap.com>
Subject RE: various small cleanups
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 14:47:35 GMT
ok, then I don't see an issue with that.

+1

Stephan

-----Original Message-----
From: Florent Guillaume [mailto:fg@nuxeo.com]
Sent: Donnerstag, 9. September 2010 16:24
To: chemistry-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: various small cleanups

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 3:52 PM, Klevenz, Stephan
<stephan.klevenz@sap.com> wrote:
>Florent wrote:
>> 3.
>> ItemIterable.skipTo returns a new iterable. I'm used to skipTo methods
>> that just modify the iterable in place (for instance the JCR
>> RangeIterator.skip or JCR2 EventJournal.skipTo or Lucene Spans.skipTo
>> and TermDocs.skipTo), and in the use cases I've seen it's no use
>> creating a new object. Is it ok to change this?
>
> to 3. I'm not sure if I understand correctly. The reason to return an iterable is to
allow dotted expressions to have some "from-to" semantic of a range: ItemIterable<CmisObject>
i = folder.getChildren().skipTo(2).getPage(3);

Returning an object for chained expressions is all right, but what I
want to ensure is that the contract of the method allows it to return
"this" after modifying its internal state, and to change the
implementation to that effect to avoid constructing new objects every
time.

Florent