chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florent Guillaume ...@nuxeo.com>
Subject Re: Chemistry - Default Store for OpenCMIS
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2010 11:56:39 GMT
(Very late answer...)

I see three uses cases:

1. having a reference implementation of a server
2. having an small embeddable store for lightweight applications
3. having a persistence framework so that things like unit tests can
be written for third-party CMIS applications.

The way I see this:

1. is I think a big endeavor as you'd want something relatively
efficient, with nice features, etc. It's basically the Jackrabbit way
and I wouldn't spend time on this.

2. would also need some efficiency and care to code things properly,
although it could avoid implementing everything in the spec.

3. is more interesting I think, as long as it's clearly stated to the
users of the code that this if for testing purposes and that the code
is not optimized at all. But such a persistence can be done simply by
Java serialization so I think it's not a huge task.

Florent

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 1:47 PM, Klevenz, Stephan
<stephan.klevenz@sap.com> wrote:
> After getting now more practice and experience with using the OpenCMIS library for application
development I would like to say that the existence of the InMemory store is a benefit. InMemory
enables to use OpenCMIS immediately without having high effort in installation or depending
on decisions which concrete store to be used for an application finally. The hurdle to use
OpenCMIS is very low. InMemory supports perfectly Maven and JUnit based development and we
are using it for application development scenarios.

> Unfortunately there are limitations with InMemory if development scenario becomes more
complex. In complex scenarios for example a centralized and reliable store is required and
the purpose is not only development but also to have something like a reference store for
applications that make use of OpenCMIS library.

> The basic idea is to support  a standard store for OpenCMIS within the Chemistry project.
We did not think too much about how to get it or have a concrete implementation in mind. It's
more about your opinion about having a standard store within Chemistry.

> Are you interested in follow up this discussion?
>
> Regards,
> Stephan
>

> Stephan Klevenz
> Development Architect
> TD Core UI Infr (AG)
> ECM-I
> SAP AG
> Dietmar-Hopp-Allee 16
> 69190 Walldorf, Germany
> T +49 6227 7-65878
> F +49 6227 78-36242
> M +49 160 90432408
> E stephan.klevenz@sap.com<mailto:stephan.klevenz@sap.com>
> www.sap.com
>
> Pflichtangaben/Mandatory Disclosure Statements: http://www.sap.com/company/legal/impressum.epx
>
> Diese E-Mail kann Betriebs- oder Geschäftsgeheimnisse oder sonstige vertrauliche Informationen
enthalten. Sollten Sie diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, ist Ihnen eine Kenntnisnahme
des Inhalts, eine Vervielfältigung oder Weitergabe der E-Mail ausdrücklich untersagt. Bitte
benachrichtigen Sie uns und vernichten Sie die empfangene E-Mail. Vielen Dank.

> This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed, or otherwise confidential
information. If you have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review,
copying, or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy
the original transmittal. Thank you for your cooperation.