chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From You Know <youknow...@heroicefforts.net>
Subject Re: sharepoint 2010 basic auth
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2010 22:06:27 GMT
It seems the issue was with the SessionParameter credentials.  Evidently the WS security is
not leveraged, or perhaps misconfigured, on my client's SharePoint site.  Removing them completely
resolved the latter 401s.

Best regards,

Jess

"You Know" <youknowwho@heroicefforts.net> wrote:

>Actually this still does not seem to be sufficient, at least in my case.  With the suggested
fixes, I can invoke getRepositories and createSession, but requesting an object results in
a 401 unauthorized error.  If the admin disables NTLM, then the call succeeds.  Has anyone
been successful with CMIS, Sharepoint, and NTLM?

>"Florian Müller" <florian.mueller@alfresco.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi Jess,
>>
>>There are two ways to achieve that. Both require a bit of effort.
>>
>>1. Download the WSDL with a web browser and store it on your local disk
>>(or on another web server). Provide a file://... URL to OpenCMIS. It
>>will then connect to the SharePoint service that is specified in the WSDL.
>>
>>2. Use java.net.Authenticator to provide the username and password. This
>>will enable the NTLM authentication that SharePoint actually wants. Note
>>that this sets the authentication for the whole JVM. That's why we can't
>>(shouldn't) do this in OpenCMIS directly.
>>

>>Regards,
>>
>>Florian
>>

>>On 19/09/2010 13:19, youknowwho@heroicefforts.net wrote:
>>> I was wondering if anyone has had success connecting to a SharePoint 2010 service?
 I've tried connecting with the web service bindings, but receive a 401 error code when the
client attempts to pull the WSDL.  The WSDL url is protected with basic auth.  I'm supplying
the user/password properties, but it doesn't seem that the client is negotiating basic auth
for this purpose.  I guess it is assuming only WS-Security.  Is there another setting to support
basic auth when requesting the service WSDL?

>>> I tried going the REST route as well, but I cannot figure out the proper SharePoint
URL format for this binding.