chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <florian.muel...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: sharepoint 2010 basic auth
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2010 08:13:35 GMT
Thanks for the feedback!

So, you did not set SessionParameter.USER and SessionParameter.PASSWORD
and used java.net.Authenticator instead? Is this correct?

Thanks,

Florian

On 21/09/2010 23:06, You Know wrote:
> It seems the issue was with the SessionParameter credentials.  Evidently the WS security
is not leveraged, or perhaps misconfigured, on my client's SharePoint site.  Removing them
completely resolved the latter 401s.

> Best regards,
>
> Jess
>
> "You Know"<youknowwho@heroicefforts.net>  wrote:
>
>> Actually this still does not seem to be sufficient, at least in my case.  With the
suggested fixes, I can invoke getRepositories and createSession, but requesting an object
results in a 401 unauthorized error.  If the admin disables NTLM, then the call succeeds.
 Has anyone been successful with CMIS, Sharepoint, and NTLM?

>> "Florian Müller"<florian.mueller@alfresco.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Jess,
>>>
>>> There are two ways to achieve that. Both require a bit of effort.
>>>
>>> 1. Download the WSDL with a web browser and store it on your local disk
>>> (or on another web server). Provide a file://... URL to OpenCMIS. It
>>> will then connect to the SharePoint service that is specified in the WSDL.
>>>
>>> 2. Use java.net.Authenticator to provide the username and password. This
>>> will enable the NTLM authentication that SharePoint actually wants. Note
>>> that this sets the authentication for the whole JVM. That's why we can't
>>> (shouldn't) do this in OpenCMIS directly.
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Florian

service?  I've tried connecting with the web service bindings, but receive a 401 error code
when the client attempts to pull the WSDL.  The WSDL url is protected with basic auth.  I'm
supplying the user/password properties, but it doesn't seem that the client is negotiating
basic auth for this purpose.  I guess it is assuming only WS-Security.  Is there another setting
to support basic auth when requesting the service WSDL?

SharePoint URL format for this binding.