chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <florian.muel...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: swing client file download
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2010 13:03:14 GMT
Hi Jens,

You can already pre-select the binding. The parameter is
"swingclient.binding" and it can be set either to "atompub" or
"webservices".

I will look into the permission exception problem.

- Florian

On 21/09/2010 13:56, Jens Hübel wrote:
> By the way this client has become quite popular here in our company.
>
> Two areas for potential improvements came up. so far
>
> - add a -D property to preselect ws or atom binding on start
>
> - the client should behave more gracefully in case of missing permissions. If a call
fails always a popup appears. This can be inconvenient if the exceptions are "normal" behavior
but the user just lacks permission for this call. Having a mode just logging exceptions or
display on status bar instead of a popup would help. An example for this read acls