chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Maurizio Pillitu <m.pill...@sourcesense.com>
Subject Re: OpenCMIS Server Archetype
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2010 08:39:50 GMT
Hi Jens,
sure, I can provide you with more details, but in general the archetype aims
to simplify the maven approach, therefore the first part of the
documentation.

1.The documentation guides the user through the creation of a webapp using a
specific archetype; this archetype contains spring, struts and many other
dependencies that are not necessary for building an OpenCMIS server and
makes the pom.xml heavier.

2. The final pom is posted as code, but copy/pasting it on top of the
previously created archetype breaks, since none of the spring/struts
dependencies are there anymore

3. the POM overlay on org.opencmis.opencmis-server-impl is wrong, should be
org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.chemistry-server-bindings; you don't need to
specify an overlay, maven does it automatically if the POM packaging=WAR and
there's only one WAR dependency

4. All org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.opencmis-* dependencies should
be org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.chemistry-opencmis-* ; the build cannot
find the dependencies

5. org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.chemistry-opencmis-server-support is of
type POM; if not specified the build fails

6. Missing Maven repository to fetch the last SNAPSHOT versions:
http://repository.apache.org/snapshots

7. In order to get the WAR to work, you need to manually uncompress the
opencmis-server-bindings-XXXX.war and copy the WEB-INF/web.xml in
src/main/webapp/WEB-INF

8. Instead of asking the user to deploy the WAR, why not using the Maven
Jetty Plugin?

This is the pom.xml[1] that is generated by the archetype, containing all
the fixes I just mentioned you.

I think that the new documentation of the Maven approach should just
mention:

> mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeArtifactId=my-cmis-server-archetype -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.server
-DarchetypeVersion=0.1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT

> cd ${artifactId}

> mvn jetty:run

so that the user can better focus on the server implementation details,
rather then the development environment.

WDYT?

Maurizio

[1] -
http://github.com/sourcesense/cmis-server-archetype/blob/c749484ded318185735065ddc7f5a8da48a3ce53/src/main/resources/archetype-resources/pom.xml