chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release 0.1.0-incubating preparation
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2010 08:55:37 GMT
Hi,

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 5:27 PM, Gabriele Columbro <gabriele@apache.org> wrote:
> I added opencmis-* in version names, as I suppose other chemistry
> hosted projects will follow different release schedule and version
> scheme.

An alternative is to create new Jira projects like CMISPHP for
codebases that follow a separate release schedule. Many of the Jira
reports assume that a single Jira project maps to a single release
schedule.

> Do you think is there any specific issue should include/fix it in
> 0.1.0 or shall we just reschedule them it to the version that looks
> more reasonable?

The already resolved issues that affect the OpenCMIS codebase should
probably be marked as resolved for 0.1.0. This will make the Jira
release reports more effective.

I'd leave unresolved issues unscheduled unless they're explicitly
being targeted for a specific release.

> - I'm also trying to understand what would be the best / easy / reproducible
> way to integrate our release process with the standard maven based projects
> staging [3], in a way that in the same process we could distribute the
> aggregated artifacts [4] via standard www.apache.org/dist and the single
> JARs (useful to to application builders) via the standard maven staging
> process.

In Jackrabbit we use an assembly and some custom Ant tasks to stage
the release artifacts targeted for www.apache.org/dist. See the
apache-release profile settings in the Jackrabbit reactor POM [1].

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/trunk/pom.xml

BR,

Jukka Zitting