chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Gabriele Columbro <colum...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release 0.1.0-incubating preparation
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2010 11:06:30 GMT
Hi all,

On Jun 14, 2010, at 10:55 AM, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 5:27 PM, Gabriele Columbro <gabriele@apache.org
> > wrote:
>> I added opencmis-* in version names, as I suppose other chemistry
>> hosted projects will follow different release schedule and version
>> scheme.
>
> An alternative is to create new Jira projects like CMISPHP for
> codebases that follow a separate release schedule. Many of the Jira
> reports assume that a single Jira project maps to a single release
> schedule.

I also prefer this approach for ease of reporting and separation of
concerns.

Practically we might need (already):

CMISPHP
CMISPYTHON
CMISJS

Am I missing something?

If there's general (lazy) consensus, I will just pick this up with
infrastructure [1] (re-using the current permission model).

>> Do you think is there any specific issue should include/fix it in
>> 0.1.0 or shall we just reschedule them it to the version that looks
>> more reasonable?
>
> The already resolved issues that affect the OpenCMIS codebase should
> probably be marked as resolved for 0.1.0. This will make the Jira
> release reports more effective.
>
> I'd leave unresolved issues unscheduled unless they're explicitly
> being targeted for a specific release.

Agreed. I'll check back in 24 hours and see where we stand with it.

>> - I'm also trying to understand what would be the best / easy /
>> reproducible
>> way to integrate our release process with the standard maven based
>> projects
>> staging [3], in a way that in the same process we could distribute
>> the
>> aggregated artifacts [4] via standard www.apache.org/dist and the
>> single
>> JARs (useful to to application builders) via the standard maven
>> staging
>> process.
>
> In Jackrabbit we use an assembly and some custom Ant tasks to stage
> the release artifacts targeted for www.apache.org/dist. See the
> apache-release profile settings in the Jackrabbit reactor POM [1].

Thanks Jukka, I'll have a look at it.

Ciao,
Gab

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/project-creation-tasks.html#tasks