chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From "Weigel, Achim" <achim.wei...@sap.com>
Subject RE: OpenCMIS Client API: Questions about fetching content
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2010 08:40:17 GMT
Hi Florian,

thank you for your help. I have used the in-memory repository (Jens has already fixed it).

Best Regards,
Achim

-----Original Message-----
From: Florian Müller [mailto:fmueller@opentext.com]
Sent: Dienstag, 22. Juni 2010 10:12
To: chemistry-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: OpenCMIS Client API: Questions about fetching content

Hi Achim,

Here are a few answers to your questions:

> - Which exception should be thrown at the method Document.getStream() if no content exists?
Currently we get a CmisNotSupportedException but
>   according to the CMIS specification we would have expected a CmisConstraintException
exception.
That sounds like a repository bug. Which repository you are using?

> - What is the expected behavior of the method Document.getContentStreamLength() in that
case? Currently -1 is returned.
>   Has this number some special semantic like "unknown"? Why is not 0 returned?
The content stream length is a bad indicator for content. You should use the property cmis:contentStreamFileName
to check if the document has content or not.
OpenCMIS returns -1 for the stream length because it has return an integer and it's an invalid
length. The length 0 indicates that there is an empty content (0 bytes) that has a file name
and a MIME type.

> - What is the expected behavior of the method Document.getContentStreamMimeType() in
that case? Currently null is returned.
That's the expected behavior. If there is no content stream the property cmis:contentStreamMimeType
should not be set - which translates to null in Java.

> - How could I find out the encoding of content?
The encoding is part of the MIME type, if the repository set it.

Cheers,

Florian