chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <fmuel...@opentext.com>
Subject CMIS Browser Binding
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2010 13:33:16 GMT
Hi,

There is currently a discussion starting in the CMIS Technical Committee to add a third binding
called "browser binding". The idea is to provide the CMIS data in a way that it is easily
consumable in a web browser. This time, the design of this binding should be accompanied by
an implementation to make sure that the design actually works.

I have played a bit. I've implemented a stub for such a binding as an extension of the OpenCMIS
server framework. At the moment it exposes the repository  infos, type definitions, CMIS objects
and folder children in a JSON format, which follows the CMIS XML schema. That's probably not
the structure we will end up with, but it's a starting point. It bundles to InMemory repository
for testing.
The implementation is pretty light-weight. It just consist of 4 short classes. Most of the
infrastructure is already in OpenCMIS.

I would like to open a sandbox project in Chemistry for this, parallel to OpenCMIS. It would
depend on OpenCMIS but would not interfere with OpenCMIS.

WDYT?

Cheers,

Florian