chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Jens Hübel <jhue...@opentext.com>
Subject RE: CMIS Browser Binding
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2010 13:46:36 GMT
I think this is a great idea! If we could reuse as much as possible from our infrastructure
and e.g. base something on JAXB this would be interesting. I think we should go forward with
this and support the CMIS TC with an early prototype...

+1

Jens

-----Original Message-----
From: Florian Müller [mailto:fmueller@opentext.com]
Sent: Dienstag, 29. Juni 2010 15:33
To: chemistry-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: CMIS Browser Binding

Hi,

There is currently a discussion starting in the CMIS Technical Committee to add a third binding
called "browser binding". The idea is to provide the CMIS data in a way that it is easily
consumable in a web browser. This time, the design of this binding should be accompanied by
an implementation to make sure that the design actually works.

I have played a bit. I've implemented a stub for such a binding as an extension of the OpenCMIS
server framework. At the moment it exposes the repository  infos, type definitions, CMIS objects
and folder children in a JSON format, which follows the CMIS XML schema. That's probably not
the structure we will end up with, but it's a starting point. It bundles to InMemory repository
for testing.
The implementation is pretty light-weight. It just consist of 4 short classes. Most of the
infrastructure is already in OpenCMIS.

I would like to open a sandbox project in Chemistry for this, parallel to OpenCMIS. It would
depend on OpenCMIS but would not interfere with OpenCMIS.

WDYT?

Cheers,

Florian