chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <fmuel...@opentext.com>
Subject RE: OpenCMIS release proposal
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 08:34:51 GMT
Hi Gabriele,

I have tried and failed. Maybe it's just my lack of Maven knowledge. An OpenCMIS release does
not strictly follow the Maven pattern. There are several exceptions like fetching documentation
for a HTTP server and bundling specific files from different Maven modules into one release
package.

Personally, I prefer a 500 line build.xml that is relatively easy to understand and to change
to a lot of magic XML fragments scattered across 16 pom.xmls.

But maybe it's just my ignorance. If there is a simple Maven solution, we should go with Maven.

Florian

-----Original Message-----
From: Gabriele Columbro [mailto:columbro@gmail.com]
Sent: Dienstag, 11. Mai 2010 10:17
To: chemistry-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: OpenCMIS release proposal

Hey guys,
just a question out of the blue: is the usage of the maven-release-
plugin [1] been discussed at all?

Having a mvn project, I can hardly see the reason why we should use a
build.xml to do so.

Stiil, don't want to stop this release going, but I'm definitely
willing to help out and document the mvn release process for the next
release,
as using ant for this seems a bit of a stretch.

What do you guys think?

Ciao!
Gab

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin/introduction.html