chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <fmuel...@opentext.com>
Subject More F2F Notes
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 13:54:08 GMT
Here is an update on the current state of the discussion.

Merge process:

* We start the code merge now.
* It's in SVN: /incubator/chemistry/opencmis/trunk/
* The current Chemistry and OpenCMIS code bases remain untouched until the merged code is
mature enough to be used.

Naming:

* The merged project will be called OpenCMIS.
* We are changing the module names to chemistry-opencmis-....
* The Java package name will be org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.
* Everything that is named "provider" today will be renamed to "bindings".
* The module opencmis-server-impl will become chemistry-opencmis-server-bindings.

Java package name details:

  Client packages:
    org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client (session factory only)
    org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.commons (classes and interfaces used by both models)
    org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.persistent (persistent model implementation)
    org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.transient (transient model implementation)

  Bindings packages (former provider packages):
    org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.bindings... (client bindings implementation)

  Commons API packages:
    org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.commons.spi  (DTO interfaces + service interfaces)
    org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.commons.spi.server  (server interfaces)

  Commons Impl packages:
    org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.commons.spi.impl (DTO implementations)

  Server bindings packages
    org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.server.bindings (server bindings implementation)

Release:

* We'll try to kick off a release process when the code merge has been finished.
  That should be in about 2-3 weeks.
* Florent will be the release manager for that release.
* We want to include some of the Wiki pages as documentation into the release packages.

Chemistry web site:

* We would like to make an exported version of the Confluence Wiki the main Chemistry web
site.
* The landing page should list all Chemistry sub projects and have links to the documentations.
* Stephan and Paul will set it up (templates, navigation, etc.).
* Dave will work on the layout (CSS, graphics, etc.).

- Florian