chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <fmuel...@opentext.com>
Subject RE: Open CMIS Query and cmis:baseTypeId
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2010 17:37:17 GMT
Hi Gabriele,

A CMIS repository _has to_ return the query name and _can_ return the property id with every
query result field. If the repository does not return the property ids getPropertyValueById()
will always return null.

getPropertyValueByQueryName() should be a safe bet. Before you can use it, you have to get
query name of cmis:baseTypeId from the cmis:document type definition.

We have to improve the documentation. Maybe it's possible to add some convenience code here.
I have to think about it.
Thanks for pointing that out.

- Florian

-----Original Message-----
From: Gabriele Columbro [mailto:columbro@gmail.com]
Sent: Donnerstag, 8. April 2010 19:10
To: chemistry-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Open CMIS Query and cmis:baseTypeId

Hi guys,
I'm playing around with OpenCmis and CMIS SQL querying and I'm having
some trouble in retrieving objects properties from the QueryResult
class.

For instance, I'm getting a null value when trying to retrieve:

QueryResult.getPropertyValueById("cmis:baseTypeId")

which seems not to be returned in a simple "select * from
cmis:document" .

I understand I can't query on cmis:baseTypeId (as it's not queryable)
but how can I know which base type a specific object instance is
without re-issuing a serverside call?
Shall I file an issue or this is the expected behavior?

Thanks in advance for the clarification,
Gab

--

Eng. Gabriele Columbro
Alfresco Software, Ltd.