chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Gabriele Columbro <colum...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Open CMIS Query and cmis:baseTypeId
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2010 19:11:49 GMT
Hey Florian,
Thanks for the answer, see my clarifications interleaved:

--
Gabriele Columbro
Professional services EMEA

On 8 apr 2010, at 19:37, Florian Müller <fmueller@opentext.com> wrote:

> Hi Gabriele,
>
> A CMIS repository _has to_ return the query name and _can_ return
> the property id with every query result field. If the repository
> does not return the property ids getPropertyValueById() will always
> return null.
>
> getPropertyValueByQueryName() should be a safe bet. Before you can
> use it, you have to get query name of cmis:baseTypeId from the
> cmis:document type definition.

Sorry for not having been more specific here...I had already tried
getPropertyValueByQueryName() as next geek tentative, but with no luck
as I get a null there as well.

Also iterating all properties via the QueryResult.getProperties() gave
no luck, as it seems just a subset of properties is returned (even if
a wildcard property selection is issued).

So I created a small test case using Chemistry TCK working - guess
what - against Alfresco, and I found out that actually the baseTypeId
was not returned at all in the atom entry from the server, which makes
it quite difficult for OpenCmis to return it :)

...sorry for the noise!

> We have to improve the documentation. Maybe it's possible to add
> some convenience code here. I have to think about it.

Let me know if I can help out here and there on this topic, I
definitely agree that javadocs can be a bit more verbose but I also
reckon it makes much more sense to maybe wait for the f2f and then
provide ultimate docs :)

> Thanks for pointing that out.

Always happy to help, thanks for the help.

Ciao!

Gab