chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Jens Hübel <jhue...@opentext.com>
Subject RE: OpenCMIS svn commit - a question
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2010 10:25:31 GMT
I would vote for a) because it makes separate compilation easier and until we really have something
merged I would prefer to keep the structure simple. I think it makes life also easier for
both users of opencmis and the existing Chemistry code base.

Jens

-----Original Message-----
From: David Caruana [mailto:david.caruana@alfresco.com]
Sent: Dienstag, 16. Februar 2010 10:50
To: chemistry-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: OpenCMIS svn commit - a question

re: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CMIS-113

Now we have IP clearance for OpenCMIS, it's time to commit the source code to the Chemistry
svn.

Before doing so, I have a question regarding its location.

We can either:

a) create a peer opencmis directory to chemistry, and place all the code in there
b) add the opencmis modules within the chemistry directory

Option a) is frankly easier, but option b) gives a clearer intent to merge the code lines.
However, it will require merging maven poms etc now.

I'm currently swaying to a), but can easily be diverted.

Dave