chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From "Emanuele Lombardi" <lelelomba...@libero.it>
Subject Re: Versioning Services Problem
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2009 14:55:30 GMT
I'm implementing it in chemistry-atompub-client
APPDocument and APPConnection as new feature.

Emanuele

> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Emanuele Lombardi
> <lelelombardi@libero.it> wrote:
> > Hi Florent,
> > I'm sorry, but I don't speak english very well. I try to explain my question.
> > I'm implementing the versioning services in particular the checkOut/checkIn operations.
>
> You're implementing it in what codebase? Is this your code for a
> backend of your own? Or are you implementing it for the JCR bindings?
> Or in the "Simple" codebase (which, I repeat, is here to exercise the
> APIs and server/client bindings)?
>
> Florent
>
> > The CMIS spec say "The value of the cmis:isVersionSeriesCheckedOut property MUST
be TRUE." on other Documents in the Version Series. So I retrieve all the documents in the
checked out document's version series and set their poperty cmis:isVersionSeriesCheckedOut=true
and then I call the save method on the document.
> > After the implementation I write unit test using Simple Implementation and when
I assert if cmis:isVersionSeriesCheckedOut is true it fail because the property is readOnly
and the save method don't modify it.

> > Thanks and I hope this explanation is comprensible
> >
> > Emanuele
> >

> >> Hi Emanuele,
> >>
> >> I don't understand what code your talking about. You seem to talk
> >> about the internals of a repository exposed through Chemistry, in
> >> which you want to have the property cmis:isVersionSeriesCheckedOut
> >> take different values. But this is a system property, entirely managed
> >> by the backend repository or its mapping the the Chemistry model, so I
> >> don't understand why changing its exposed value would be a problem.
> >>
> >> If you're talking about the current "Simple" implementation used in
> >> the unit tests, then versioning isn't implemented yet, and the
> >> management of cmis:isVersionSeriesCheckedOut (which is tied to
> >> versioning) is not coded either.
> >>
> >> The PROP_IS_VERSION_SERIES_CHECKED_OUT of SimpleType is how we expose
> >> this property to user code. We cannot have it be "read-write when
> >> checked out", as this is a system property and the CMIS spec mandates
> >> it to be "Read Only".
> >>
> >> Keep in mind that the "Simple" implementation is not really meant to
> >> be a base for implementing a new repository (except for very simple
> >> classes like SimpleObjectId), it's there mainly for unit tests and to
> >> prove that the different levels of the APIs and client/server mappings
> >> work all right together.
> >>
> >> Florent

I must, for example, set the property IsVersionSeriesCheckedOut on other documents in the
version series. But this property is read-only and the putEntry method don't update it.
when checked out". Is it possible?

Updating of CmisObject's properties.

last I call the save method. The save method if is an update require a server method not yet
implemented and I try to implement it (the method is "org.apache.chemistry.atompub.server.CMISObjectsCollection.putEntry(ObjectEntry,
String, Date, List<Person>, String, Content, RequestContext)") But my implementation
doesn't work. If I'm not able to save the modified properties on the repository I can't test
the versioning services.