chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florent Guillaume ...@nuxeo.com>
Subject Re: patch for chemistry-jcr 1.0 ?
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2009 11:22:39 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 9:09 AM, Florian Roth <Florian.Roth@in-gmbh.de> wrote:
> I'm on it to implement chemistry-jcr. To use chemistry on top of Jackrabbit 2.0 x. I
started with RepositoryService and its finished know I 'll go on with the ObjectService.
> Am I right that for example the NodeType nt:file in Jackrabbit is a Child of cmis:document
and nt:folder is child of cmis:folder and so on?
> So at first I've to add to my chemistry.Repository new SimpleTypes with id's of BaseType?
Then I fetch Types from Jackrabbit and add them to those as childs?

I cannot comment on the JCR aspects of the Chemistry codebase, as I'm
not the maintainer for them and haven't looked at that code closely.

> Is chemistry-commons just to look how to implement the spec or is it to extend new implementations
from BaseRepository etc.?

I put in org.apache.chemistry.impl.base useful base classes that you
can reuse in your implementation.
The org.apache.chemistry.impl.simple package holds a simple in-memory
implementation that's used by unit tests, but is not here to be
subclassed or used in real life.

> Can everybody commit patches or develop on chemistry?

Everybody is welcome to contribute patches to the JIRA issue tracker.
Current committers will review them and commit them as needed. If a
contributor provides good value then the current committers may extend
an invitation to that person to become a new committer -- this is
based on merit, and is the standard Apache process.

Florent