chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florent Guillaume ...@nuxeo.com>
Subject Re: Versioning Services Problem
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2009 16:31:45 GMT
Hi Emanuele,

I don't understand what code your talking about. You seem to talk
about the internals of a repository exposed through Chemistry, in
which you want to have the property cmis:isVersionSeriesCheckedOut
take different values. But this is a system property, entirely managed
by the backend repository or its mapping the the Chemistry model, so I
don't understand why changing its exposed value would be a problem.

If you're talking about the current "Simple" implementation used in
the unit tests, then versioning isn't implemented yet, and the
management of cmis:isVersionSeriesCheckedOut (which is tied to
versioning) is not coded either.

The PROP_IS_VERSION_SERIES_CHECKED_OUT of SimpleType is how we expose
this property to user code. We cannot have it be "read-write when
checked out", as this is a system property and the CMIS spec mandates
it to be "Read Only".

Keep in mind that the "Simple" implementation is not really meant to
be a base for implementing a new repository (except for very simple
classes like SimpleObjectId), it's there mainly for unit tests and to
prove that the different levels of the APIs and client/server mappings
work all right together.

Florent

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 10:48 AM, Emanuele Lombardi
<lelelombardi@libero.it> wrote:
> Thanks Florent,
> Now I have another problem, when I invoke the checkOut service on a document I must,
for example, set the property IsVersionSeriesCheckedOut on other documents in the version
series. But this property is read-only and the putEntry method don't update it.
> My proposal is to set the propertyDefinition updatability to "read-write when checked
out". Is it possible?

> Thanks
> Emanuele
>
>> Hi Emanuele,
>>
>> As it happens I'm working on adding update code right now, I should
>> have something working tomorrow (for the trunk).
>>
>> Florent
>>

>> On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 3:56 PM, Emanuele Lombardi
>> <lelelombardi@libero.it> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> > I'm working on versioning services, but I have a problem :The Updating of CmisObject's
properties.

>> > My procedure:
>> > First I set the property value by CMISObject#setValue method and last I call
the save method. The save method if is an update require a server method not yet implemented
and I try to implement it (the method is "org.apache.chemistry.atompub.server.CMISObjectsCollection.putEntry(ObjectEntry,
String, Date, List<Person>, String, Content, RequestContext)") But my implementation
doesn't work. If I'm not able to save the modified properties on the repository I can't test
the versioning services.