chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Gabriele Columbro <colum...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Autoamated Releasing with Maven
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2009 14:07:39 GMT

> This is not very mavenish, and this kind of version number is not
> OSGi-compatible.
>
> I propose simply:
>  0.62-SNAPSHOT
>  0.70-SNAPSHOT
> and when we want to do a release:
>  0.62 then for other releases 0.62.1, 0.62.2
>  0.70 then for other releases 0.70.1, 0.70.2
> etc.

Even if, thinking it a bit deeper, this scheme does not really pass
any information on the stability of the specific release (major,
minor, maintenance). I guess it's a bit tricky and if we go for this
route we should properly document our non standard versioning scheme
(i.e. making clear that we follow the standard version).

Thanks,
Gab

--

Eng. Gabriele Columbro