chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florent Guillaume ...@nuxeo.com>
Subject Re: Autoamated Releasing with Maven
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2009 13:51:50 GMT
On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 7:47 PM, Gabriele Columbro <columbro@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 15, 2009, at 7:27 PM, Florent Guillaume wrote:
>> As we have several branches people are interested in (at least 0.62
>> and trunk), we may want to think about renumbering the poms, so that
>> in the 0.62 branch we're <version>0.62-SNAPSHOT</version> and in the
>> trunk we're <version>0.70-SNAPSHOT</version>.
>
> I think it's a good idea to modify the version scheme to clarifying the
> codeline that we're releasing from and avoid snapshot versions clashes.
> Though I'd prefer not to link the full version number to the CMIS standard
> version, meaning: there might be more than one Chemistry release for the
> same standard version.
>
> So I would suggest to add it as a suffix, something like:
>
> 1.0-0.62-SNAPSHOT
> 1.0-0.70-SNAPSHOT
>
> I know it looks long  (almost like an Oracle driver version number :) ) but
> i think it's more flexible. WDYT?

This is not very mavenish, and this kind of version number is not
OSGi-compatible.

I propose simply:
  0.62-SNAPSHOT
  0.70-SNAPSHOT
and when we want to do a release:
  0.62 then for other releases 0.62.1, 0.62.2
  0.70 then for other releases 0.70.1, 0.70.2
etc.

Florent

--
Florent Guillaume, Head of R&D, Nuxeo