chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Stefane Fermigier ...@nuxeo.com>
Subject Re: Should I use the trunk or one of the branches
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2009 18:28:08 GMT

On Oct 22, 2009, at 8:17 PM, Jason Tesser wrote:

> I am looking into using Chemistry to implement a CMIS server am I
> best to
> use
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/chemistry/trunk/
> or
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/chemistry/branches/0.62/
>
> Is the .62 still getting commits?

Hi,

The trunk is for the 0.70 branch, which is seemingly very close to
become the 1.0.

There is not much point in doing significant work on the 0.62 (unless
you have an already deployed 0.62 code base, which doesn't seem to be
your case).

> Finally we may be interested in becoming commiters as we are going
> to be
> rolling this out pretty soon and if we need to add things would
> prefer to
> contribute.  What is the best way to get involved?

I'd say: take the 0.70 specs, the TCK and make sure that the 0.70
branch is compatible with the specs.

   S.

Web: http://www.nuxeo.com/ - Tel: +33 1 40 33 79 87
New: follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/sfermigier