chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Gabriele Columbro <colum...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: Chemistry Debugging (small question) + new other questions: CMIS 0.62 client
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2009 18:55:49 GMT
Hi Michael,

On Jul 29, 2009, at 7:46 PM, Florent Guillaume wrote:

> Please keep the list in Cc.

+1 :)

> Wireshark has a "follow TCP stream" that gives a simple stream of
> bytes exchanged, that you can then reformat using an XML editor or
> the "tidy" program.
>
> At the moment I'm not using any client, but I'll go hunt for some
> soon.

I'm a bit puzzled here...what you mean going hunting for clients?
Isn't part of the Chemistry mission to also deliver a Java CMIS
client? I remember few  discussions went around the list already [1].
I'm not sure what the status is as I'm not directly working on that,
but AFAIK the idea is that it should be a custom coded client not
using any Atom specific library (e.g. Abdera).

As a side note, the previously mentioned TCK is very similar to a
basic client and if you're really in a hurry you may extract the java
calls that you need from it,
as it's already 0.6.2 compliant (tested against an Alfresco internal
branch already updated to 0.6.2).

HTH,
Gab

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-chemistry-dev/200906.mbox/%3C687C4FC9-994B-407D-A97C-D71914B8572E@gmail.com%3E

> Florent
>
> On 29 Jul 2009, at 19:42, Michael Mertins wrote:
>
>> Thanks, I tried to use Wireshark, but the output is very cryptic
>> and not as readable as your log file from the google group. The
>> relevant sequence seems to be:
>> GET /cmis/children/2f HTTP/1.1\r\n
>>
>> Could I ask what kind of CMIS clients people are using? Is there
>> any 0.62 compliant client available? Should I use Alfresco as a
>> backend in order to test my work on the JCR implementation?
>>
>> I read that it is necessary to use certain SPI functionality but I
>> don't see where exactly I should start?
>>
>> Will open the JIRA request asap.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Michael