chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florent Guillaume ...@nuxeo.com>
Subject Re: code status update
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2009 12:23:34 GMT
On 17 Jun 2009, at 12:15, Ugo Cei wrote:
> On Jun 16, 2009, at 4:56 PM, Florent Guillaume wrote:
>> The AtomPub client and the AtomPub server can be plugged together,
>> with the simple in-memory implementation as a backend for the
>> server. Then I can run the same basic tests either on the direct in-
>> memory implementation, or on the AtomPub client+server stack. This
>> provides a very easy way to ensure that the AtomPub stack works well.
>
> thanks for committing this, I am going to have a look at it very
> soon. Do you have any documentation for it? Just a basic code
> snippet that shows how to connect to a CMIS server and retrieve the
> service document, a feed and/or an entry would be great for a start.

There are tests in chemistry-tests that instantiate a client for a
remote AtomPub server (which happens to be local in the tests).
See org.apache.chemistry.test.TestAtomPubClientServer.
Note, the ContentManager class will be refactored later and renamed to
something like RepositoryFactory or RepositoryRegistry, and allow
external registration of repositories or factories for them.

BTW you should stop thinking in terms of service documents, entries
and feeds; the goal of Chemistry is to hide this low-level abstraction
and provide you with the high level objects defined in the CMIS domain
model: Documents, Folders. Of course feeds, entries, etc. are used as
implementation details of the AtomPub bindings...

Florent

--
Florent Guillaume, Head of R&D, Nuxeo