celix-dev mailing list archives

From Roy Lenferink <lenferink...@gmail.com>
Subject Protected 'develop' branch for Celix
Date Sat, 21 Sep 2019 09:19:42 GMT
Hi all,

I'd like to propose the idea of having the 'develop' branch for Celix
protected.
This means branch-deletion and force-pushes are not allowed anymore.
Because Celix development happens on the develop branch we definitely don't
want that branch to get deleted (be it by accident). Because the Gitbox and
GitHub repositories are synced it is only a single click to delete a
non-protected
branch (our 'master' branch already has this enabled).

I'd like to do the same for the celix-site repository and enable branch
protection
on the 'master' and 'asf-site' branches ('master' branch containing source
code for
celix.a.o, 'asf-site' containing generated code by Jenkins which is being
used to host celix.a.o).

If there are no objections within the next 72 hours I'll create a ticket
with
INFRA to enable this.

Best,
Roy