celix-dev mailing list archives

From Pepijn Noltes <pepijnnol...@gmail.com>
Subject Documentation in github
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2015 12:47:03 GMT
Hi All,

I would like to discuss the option to document more using markdown files in
a documents subdir.

Since our git is mirrored on github and github has a nice visualization of
markdown files, I see an opportunity to document more using markdown files.
I think documenting this way lowers threshold to create/update
documentation compared to using the Apache website and CMS tooling.
Specially for documentations closely related to the code.

IMO we should not move everything to the documents subdir, but more
documentation like building Celix, hello world bundle example, getting
started guide, etc. The Apache Celix website can still be used as entry
point for most documentation, but then forward to github for the actual
(and hopefully) more update documentation.

Any thoughts/comments ?

Greetings,
Pepijn