celix-dev mailing list archives

From Pepijn Noltes <pepijnnol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: shell refactoring
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2015 11:19:10 GMT
Hi Marcel,

On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 11:49 AM Marcel Offermans <
marcel.offermans@luminis.nl> wrote:

> Hello Pepijn,
>
> If you’re going to support multiple shells concurrently, does that also
> mean that each shell has its own “context” to keep state (ie to keep track
> of things like current directory, environment variables, …)?

Currently not, so we only support multiple front-ends to a shared shell.
This was already the situation before the ractoring, but in that case a
global var was needed to keep track of the "current" file descriptor.
Moving to a stream abstraction (FILE in c) removed this workaround.

It there any specific reason you ask this ? To be honest, I never (yet) had
the need for multiple shell contexts ...

Greetings,
Pepijn